YouthAid foundation, an organization dedicated to up-skill young entrepreneurs, is organizing a “Young Entrepreneurs Program 2017” to equip the entrepreneurs with directly marketable skills to earn livelihood or adding to the bottom-line of their business.
• In Uttar Pradesh, for 368 peon positions, the government received 23.3 lakh applications. • In Amroha, again Uttar Pradesh, for 114 sweeper posts the government received 19,000 applications. • In Chhattisgarh, for 30 posts of peon, the government received 75,000 applications.
As per Planning Commission’s estimates Almost 33,000 people are entering the workforce everyday...That’s 231,000 a week...1,000,000 a month...And 12 million a year!
WE ARE CALLING YOU TO BE A “SPONSOR” OR A “PARTNER” TO ENABLE US TO SUPPORT THE BUDDING ENTREPRENEURS. UTILIZING THE POWER OF YOUTH CAN SIGNIFICANTLY BENEFIT OUR COUNTRY. COME AND JOIN US IN THIS JOURNEY OF EMPOWERMENT!
Continuing with the hugely successful First Young Entrepreneurs Summit 2016 in Pune last year, in 2017, YouthAid foundation has partnered with Centre for Youth Development and Activities (CYDA), Pune and RamojiKrian University, Hyderabad to organize a six-month long “Nurturing Entrepreneurship Program”. This program aims to identify, network with and train first generation entrepreneurs across India to help them develop their skills, earn livelihood and respect in the society.
YouthAid foundation this year has identified huge opportunities to support the budding entrepreneurs through a six month long entrepreneurship program to identify, train and build capacities and finally fund potential grassroots entrepreneurs. This nurturing program has the following components: 1. Young Entrepreneurs Incubation (YEI): June to Aug 2017 2. Young Entrepreneurs Training (Boot Camp) (YET): September 2017 3. Young Entrepreneurs Summit (YES): November 2017 4. Young Entrepreneurs Fund (YEF) 5. Young Entrepreneurs Network (YEN)
YouthAid foundation strongly believes that entrepreneurship and start-ups are ideally suited to changing Indian market landscape and global economic realities. Hence, it is an imperative to nurture the entrepreneurship culture in order to build an ecosystem that supports and mentors creative, hardworking, risk takers and shapes their dream into successful business and social enterprises. Below is an account of last year’s achievements.
The First Young Entrepreneurs Summit was organized on November 19, 2016 at Hotel Shantai, Pune in which almost 80 young people from four states of India participated in order to explore opportunities to initiate business or social enterprises. Seven potential ideas were accepted while many participants mentored to initiate small and need-based enterprises. As an outcome of 2016 entrepreneurship summit, a batch of 30 enthused young people started self employment ventures at various levels and scales. Their collective monthly income increased by around 400 percent to Rs. 2,23,500, per month from Rs 45,000 before the training. YouthAid continues to mentor and take them to 2nd level of evolution and growth.
• One-day state level seminar will be organized in 10 states to identify youth with potential to initiate enterprises or become self-employed. This year, special emphasis will be given to Pune and Maharashtra. We will reach out to approximately 1000 grassroots entrepreneurs. 250 business plans are expected to be received. • The purpose of this seminar is to identify young potential entrepreneurs from different sections of the society, including, urban and rural poor communities etc, who will participate in the subsequent programs. • As an outcome of these seminars, each selected entrepreneurs will be assigned to prepare a business plan and submit to YouthAid Foundation. • Out of the selected 250 entrepreneurs, approximately 30 - 40 individuals will get the benefit to join a world-class training on entrepreneurship at RamojiKrian University, Hyderabad at a hugely concessional rate. • The rest of the batch who will not join the bootcamp can directly submit their business proposals to the organizers. These proposals will also be considered for assessment during the Young Entrepreneurs Summit in Nov 2017 in Pune.
• This is a four nights / five days boot camp organized at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad in association with RamojiKrian University. Excellent mentors and faculties from all over India will give extensive training to selected entrepreneurs.Please refer to Annexure C for details on this training camp. • The fees will cover the cost of faculties and all resource persons, study materials during the course, 3-star quality AC stay (with two persons in a room and TV, attached toilet and Wi-Fi), four times meals, certification, etc together.
This is a three day long summit in Pune, where more than 300 potential young entrepreneurs (250 selected from incubation camps; 50 attendees will be from general public) will arrive from all over India to interact, learn and share their business plans.
Session before lunch: Experienced mentors and entrepreneurs will provide valuable inputs to the young people on various perspectives, opportunities as well as challengethat entrepreneurs face. There will be three parallel sessions organized in English, Hindi and Marathi. Session after lunch: Inauguration of Entrepreneurship Summit in which various celebrities and dignitaries will participate.
Session before lunch: Various technical sessions will be organized to provide input to different aspects of entrepreneurships. This includes business and social entrepreneurship, skill requirements of an entrepreneur etc. Session after lunch: Number of successful entrepreneurs and budding entrepreneurs, through verbal and video presentations and interactions with the potential entrepreneurs, will engage and provide inputs to the participants.
Session before lunch: Selected entrepreneurs will pitch before angel investors, banks and organizations willing to mentor them. The selected implementable ideas will be supported and mentored. Session after lunch: There will be a concluding program in which 10 best ideas will be selected and announced for support.
There will be an exhibition stall offered to various institutions and organizations involved in the entrepreneurship programs. Please contact the organizers for details.
A fund will be created to support potential entrepreneurs either as a revolving fund or as equity share holding. Some portion of the fund will be collected through sponsorships, contributions, grants, exhibitions etcandwill be set apart from the earnings of Young Entrepreneurship Summit 2017.YouthAid foundation accepts any amount above Rs.500 as contribution towards Young Entrepreneurs Fund to promote entrepreneurship in India.
YouthAid foundation will promote a network of young entrepreneurs and continue to provide input, information and inspiration to nurture entrepreneurial spirit in the country.
• Young entrepreneurs Incubation Camp: Free • Young Entrepreneurs Training (boot camp) Rs 10,000 (This is through selection process only) • Young Entrepreneurs Summit: Rs. 3000 • Young Entrepreneurs Network: Rs. 500 (This is one time membership registration fee for five years. All those who are the members of Young Entrepreneurs Network will get 50% concession to participate in the above programs)
• Learning from best entrepreneurs • Building networks • Exploring funding opportunities • Access to Legal assistance • Meeting up with successful entrepreneurs • Mentoring by experts
• Young Entrepreneurs Incubation (YEI): Respective States • Young Entrepreneurs Training (YET): RamojiKrian University, Hyderabad • Young Entrepreneurs Summit (YES): Pune
• 1000 youth to participate in INCUBATION • 30 youth to join BOOT CAMP • 300 youth to join SUMMIT • 500 youth to visit EXHIBITIONS • 30-40 ideas to get selected for PITCHING • 10 ideas to be supported and taken up for MENTORSHIP (Rs 1 lakh to 5 lakh). • 100 self employment business to START
This program will contribute to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) No 8, i.e., to generate employment and economic growth and SDG No.10 to reduce inequalities by reaching to people, who are mostly outside of development initiatives. YouthAid foundation believes that economic prosperity and opportunities for gainful employment are critical to safe, secure and stable societies. Young Entrepreneurs Program 2017 is targeted to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all. Sustainable development goal No. 10 says that we cannot live in a truly developed world without equal opportunities for both, countries and their citizens. Equality is at the core of all the sustainable development goals. Together we can empower and promote the social, economic and political inclusion of all people irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, and religion, economic or other status.